5’5”…Started playing golf at the age of 12…Credits her parents, Bill McWilliam and Peter Knight as the individuals most influencing her career…Hobbies include shopping, playing tennis, relaxing with friends and family and learning to surf…Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt…Has her own Web site, www.sarahkemp.com.au.
2018 in a Nutshell
2017 - 2008:
- Current member of the LPGA Tour
- Recorded six consecutive top-10 finishes on the Ladies European Tour (LET).
- Also competed on the Australia Ladies Professional Golf (ALPG) Tour; carded birdies on her final four holes at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to tie for ninth and earn exempt status for the 2008 LPGA season.
- Recorded six top-10 finishes on the ALPG, finishing second on the ALPG Order of Merit.
- Also recorded three top-10 finishes on the LET.
- As an amateur, was a co-medalist at the LET’s Qualifying School Stage 2.
- Turned professional in November and immediately recorded back-to-back finishes on the ALPG Tour.
- Five events later, won both the Titanium Golf Ladies Classic and Jack Newton Celebrity Classic in consecutive weeks.
- Kemp was the top-ranked junior in New South Wales, Australia, in 2001-03, and was also the top amateur in 2003.
- At the Australian Junior Amateur Championship, she was runner-up in 2002 and champion in 2003.
- Kemp earned low amateur honors at the 2003 Australian Ladies Open and also won the 2003 Australian Junior Amateur Championship, followed by a runner-up finish in 2004.
- In 2003 and 2005, Kemp was the Australian Stroke Play Champion and was a member of the 2004 Australian World Cup Team.