McChrystal started playing golf at the age of 10 years old. She also enjoys reading and running.
2015 in a Nutshell:
- 22 events, 14 cuts made, $25,788 (30)
- Four top-10 finishes including a T4 at the Gateway Classic at Longbow Golf Course and Chico's Patty Berg Memorial
- Six events, six cuts made, $20,090 (36)
- Three top-10 finishes
14 events played, seven cuts made, $27,238 (18), three top-10 finishes, winner of the Symetra Tour Championship.
16 events played, 10 cuts made, $28,011 (17), two top-10 finishes, winner of the Florida's Natural Charity Classic.
- Inducted to the Jensen Beach High School Athletic Hall of Fame (2013)
- Competed in the 2004 U.S. Girls' Junior Championship.
- Competed in two U.S. Women's Amateur Championships and two U.S Women's Amateur Public Links Championships.
- Recorded 20 top-10 finishes, including five wins, in collegiate competition while at Louisiana State University.
- 2008 All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman Team selection.
- Three-time All-SEC Conference First Team selection (2009, 2010, 2011).
- Two-time NGCA All-American Second Team selection (2009, 2010).
- Tied for fifth individually at the 2010 NCAA Women's Golf National Championship.
- 2011 NGCA All-American First Team selection.