Since her first career professional victory at the Donald Ross Classic in French Lick, Ind., on July 15, Stephanie Kono (Honolulu, Hawaii) continued her successful run with a pair of great showings in the Empire State.
Kono finished tied for 41st in Rochester, N.Y., at the Danielle Downey Credit Union Classic and tied for 18th in Albany for the Fuccillo Kia Classic of NY. The performances have helped keep her in the Volvik Race for the Card top-10, as she is positioned at No. 8 heading into the 14th tournament on the 2018 Symetra Tour calendar.
Now that you have a refresh of her recent accomplishments, let’s get down to actual business. In 2014, Kono fired off answers to a “Quick 18” segment. Recently, the former three-time First Team All-American performer for UCLA asked if she could give it another crack, noting a change in several of her answers.
So, without further ado, here’s the updated “Quick 18” with the now Symetra Tour champion, Stephanie Kono. Enjoy!
1. What is your favorite home-cooked meal?
2. What is always stocked in your refrigerator?
3. Describe yourself in one word.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Southern California because the weather is great, the food is good and I just love Los Angeles
5. What's the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Be yourself, on and off the golf course
6. Would you rather have an early or late tee time?
7. Is there anything you are addicted to or can't live without?
8. Name one thing you miss about being a kid.
9. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
Playing on the LPGA Tour
10. Do you have any bad habits?
I don't put things away after taking them out to use
11. What is your favorite club in your bag?
12. What was your favorite childhood television program?
Barney, but Magic School Bus was pretty good too
13. What is your favorite color?
14. What movie do you watch again and again?
15. What is your best travel tip?
Try new things and eat different foods that you’ve never tried before
16. What is the best book you’ve read in the last six months?
Origin by Dan Brown
17. What is the biggest strength of your game?
18. What is your favorite place to travel and why?
Japan because I get to see my family, eat great food and experience my parent’s culture